I run in the path of Your commands, for You have set my heart free! Psalm 119:32, NIV1984

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Giving Thanks . . . Summer Reading Edition

Long ago the LORD said to Israel:
I have loved you, my people with an everlasting love.
With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself.
Jeremiah 31:3, NLT















Continuing to count His gifts and grace . . .

1292  tree-lined streets
1293  standing under the night sky, everything coming around right as I
          consider the heavens
1294  husband making the grocery store run and prepping the food
1295  watering plants in the early morning 
1296  this song:  "Ocean"
1297  this lyric:  "something about the sunrise reminds me of your
          faithfulness" (Ten Shekel Shirt)
1298  this promise 
1299  windchimes in the backyard
1300  morning light across counters and cabinets
1301  hearing a former student powerfully teach God's Word
1302  that sliver of blue sky peeking through the clouds
1303  butterfly floating through the flowers
1304  clouds bringing relief from the heat
1305  teamwork
1306  unexpected time with old friends, catching up
1307  my mom and dad jumping in to help
1308  that they came to watch the kids swim
1309  her smile as she handed me her ribbon
1310  his quiet, unpretentious way
1311  praying with friends
1312  former students coming by my classroom on Sunday
1313  pancake supper at Gram & Grandad's
1314  holding those sweet toddler hands
1315  sun rising over the trees
1316  reading in the backyard and by the pool
1317  revisiting a favorite book


It is the LORD who provides the sun to light the day
 and the moon and stars to light the night,
and who stirs the sea into roaring waves.
His name is the LORD of Heaven's Armies,
and this is what He says:
"I am as likely to reject my people Israel
as I am to abolish the laws of nature!"
This is what the LORD says:
"Just as the heavens cannot be measured
and the foundations of the earth cannot be explored,
so I will not consider casting them away
for the evil they have done.
I, the LORD, have spoken!

Jeremiah 31:35-37, NLT

(Grateful)



Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...