I run in the path of Your commands, for You have set my heart free! Psalm 119:32, NIV1984

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving

Give thanks to the LORD,
for He is good!
His faithful love endures forever!
Psalm 107:1, NLT




It's Thanksgiving, friends . . . a day to pause and give thanks . . . a day to remember that this is the command that God has given for all of our days . . . that we would "be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." (1 Thess. 5:18, NLT)  

It's a day to remember what Jesus said . . . that "in this world you will have trouble.  But take heart!  I have overcome the world!"  (John 16:33)

I'm praying His sweetest blessings over each of you today, and . . . 

Continuing to count His endless gifts and grace . . . 

1569  warm muffins in the morning
1570  praying with my mom & dad
1571  witnessing the baptism of another long-prayed-for friend
1572  Granny in my mother's kitchen baking yummy cakes and pies
1573  licking the bowl
1574  boys playing ultimate frisbee and basketball for hours
1575  games of Blokus with my firstborn and brother-in-law
1576  leaves changing on the trees
1577  a brand new ball of yarn to knit
1578  family gathered to give thanks

I will thank the LORD with all my heart
as I meet with His godly people.
How amazing are the deeds of the LORD!
All who delight in Him should ponder them.
Everything He does reveals His glory and majesty.
His righteousness never fails.
Psalm 111:1-3, NLT


Linking with Ann Voskamp, A Holy Experience



Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...